Wallfish

rebuild another one for 2024

13 hours ago, CNew said:

Band strap turned out great!  You’re cruising through these engines.

Thanks! Might try again to get the connection ends for the screw better. IDK 

They do go quicker once you do a couple and don't drop the roller bearings!  I use the magnet of the flywheel to find them! LOL  Also use it to hold them so they don't escape by accident.

That flashing is thin enough to cut with the blade type paper cutter to keep the edge straight and perfect the entire length. The paper cutter was bought for accurately cutting that thin spring steel sheet for making those tiny carb springs. ( Of which I need to make more of now) Works well for some gaskets and other stuff too when you want or need a nice straight cut.

The flashing could also be cut with a straight edge and a razor knife to score it then bend it to break it off but the edges don't come out quite as clean.

516bHzY6WQL._AC_UL960_QL65_.jpg.2758551c4bc03a01fa3a4c3033390f3d.jpg

TT 400. No where near as common as the 300 or 350 are.

Pulled this one out to copy the base for the earlier 300 but now it's going to be the next one up for a rebuild too.

IMG_0500.jpg.2c0492391f91014e729e40e0e37f1ec4.jpg

Well here's another one rebuilt. Used the so called "unserviceable" shaft that was serviced in the other thread about changing the shaft. And the muffler from the muffler bluing thread.

Recoils and housings will need to wait as I have 2 or 3 that need paint and new decals. Maybe in the spring.

IMG_0564.jpg.994abd519cb41dee20161fbcf76ae384.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg.d5da6ff30909ebb7cd7d6fee0ebbb8ff.jpg

That's the older one do you have recoil dogs for the old ones there like hens teeth

looks nice and clean don't know were you find the time

6 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

recoil dogs for the old ones there like hens teeth

Have 2 sets of NOS hens teeth

Plus there's a couple / few in the hardware pile that have springs missing. I'm thinking solder on new pieces for springs on those. Maybe cut some thin strips of copper sheet metal for the springs.

Did you make air baffles before? Thinking about giving that a shot too but it's going to be difficult to get them to look original or somewhat close. Wondering if I can make some kind of a mold out of pipe and steel to press them with a hydraulic jack or hammer it hard together. IDK. Another crazy experiment that sucks up time but the challenge of it is most of the fun.

hens teeth are something very hard to find if you have never seen them you properly never will .

some of use have seen them and may never see them again

some of us have them and do not know it .

some of us don't want to see them .

some of us have know idea what they are . :banghead:

I'm sorry I miss this I wish I had more time to do it :sorry: