ranger

road registering a C121

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to get my C121 registered for the road but the only id plate on it is a GD Mountfield one,someone suggested I obtain the wheelhorse id plate from a scrapped C121. I wonder if anyone happens to have one they would be willing to part with?.for a price of course!

Hi Ranger, when I insured my 6x6 they asked for a chassis number.. As it didn't have one being a new build it didn't have one.. But they were more than happy with the trans part number instead!

I do have an id plate from a 71 Raider according to the Toro parts finder web site, but you might want to check the number with the Showman as he has a Belgium model number list that can say different things/models than the Toro site.

The number is 1-0300

Hi Ian, thanks for replying, The C121 is insured with NFU using the Mountfield id plate #, Ive tried contacting Toro but no luck.I tried the same with the Raider10, Toro advised contacting the local agent GE Peck in ELY. they have been trying for the last month to get authentication of this machine for me to submit to DVLA,so far no luck,and the Raider has both the id plates.

Unless you have a valid ID then toro can't help you. I've road registered two now and it's been relatively easy, but then local dvla offices have closed and I think it might be harder to get an age related plate.

I think getting a C-121 plate is easiest, though in reality I doubt anyone would check. Though for age related they send you to a guy on the other forum in Lincs. He couldn't actually do anything so I went direct to Toro and they sent me a nice letter that I used.

Good luck!

I have the correct id plate for the raider, Toro USA still could not help. I'm not bothered about an age related plate,a Q plate would do,all my road cars (3) have Q plates: Rickman Rangers which are kit cars, the first I built in 1989,hence my username.

p.s. I even offered to pay the postage for a letter from Toro.