The Fife Plooman

More of having fun

Nice looking bunch of tractors! I've never herd of an Allen Motostandard before. It must be one that never made it to our side of the pond. Looks like a well built machine! Now, on the last picture of the self driven trailer, is that something you built, or was that a production machine? Very nice either way, and thanks for the pictures! :thumbs:

Matt :USA:

Love that Merry Truck, our mate from Wiltshire has got one of those amongst other Merry Tiller machines, I am going to challenge him to a slow race with my Multigardner truck one day !! :D

Nice looking bunch of tractors! I've never herd of an Allen Motostandard before. It must be one that never made it to our side of the pond. Looks like a well built machine! Now, on the last picture of the self driven trailer, is that something you built, or was that a production machine? Very nice either way, and thanks for the pictures! :thumbs:

Matt :USA:

The 'Allen Motostandard' is a Gutbrod that was imported into the UK and sold by Allens of Oxford. I don't know if they were imported direct from Gutbrod or not as Gutbrods were sold as 'Motostandard' in France so maybe they came via their.

Cheers

Once in a while you see a Merry tiller over here at auction, but never the truck part. Rototillers are more of an up and coming thing here in the states, not as main stream as in euro areas. Mostly we find Howards and Fraisers, then there is the cheap junk that is not likely to become very collectable. Be cool to find some of the machines here that Paul collects up over there.