danarmdave

westwood s1100

hi everyone i now have the westwood running pretty good and starting off the key but theres a problem with a rod that comes off carb choke and goes behind ? the plate that the throttle is connected to but i cannot see where it belongs any suggestions it has to work in with the throttle throttle pulled full up is choke on shove it down and the choke goes off    any help would be great many thanks    dave k   

aye but how i have a rod with a sort of s shape on carb end and on the other theres a large c shape but nothing to connect it to  no holes or obvious bits is there something like a plastic clip missing ?

Edited by danarmdave

Assuming that we're talking 25 or 28 series Briggs there have been two if not three different throttle/choke/governor link set-ups so an image would be useful as would the Model, Type and Code numbers from the Briggs blower housing; usually to be found just above the spark plug.

Is your "large C shape" more of a U ? If so it sounds as though it is of the type that goes through a slot in the throttle box and is just pushed by a "paddle" on the throttle linkage to apply the choke - no positive connection.

Edited by Wristpin

hi every one thanks for response much appreciated   the nos are model (252707)       type  (07120)    code  (89100931)  hope that helps as theres nothing for it to sit in and theres no marks were somethings been  thanks    dave k

there should be a rocker arm that the cable attaches to, then two arms if I recall - one might be spring loaded

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ncscion/media/DSCI1722.jpg.html

the third photo is the set up apart from cable feeds from bottom

I've a Mountfield with a B&S 11hp engine and a spare engine out of a Westwood. I'll take a look at them tomorrow if I get the chance. Though the Mountfield throttle/choke arrangement, now works the wrong way round. slow is fast and fast is choke and slow.

I had problems with it's running when I got it.  Played about with the linkage, not really knowing what I was doing and it goes like stink now.