Chris

Saxon Trailer Rebuild

Well one of my projects 2015 is to rebuild a Saxon tipper trailer which has been sat in the workshop for a few years.

Its the larger model 2m x 1m body. I know some of you have these also

When I brought it back, most of it was on the floor of my ifor as it was so rotton it was just falling to bits :(

Any how, I put the angle grinder to it yesterday & removed whats left of the frame ready for the chassis to be blasted soon. This piece seems solid & I need to chop the end of the draw bar off & renew as its been sat in the mud for a year or 10 :o

The remains of the frame are now in the bin, I am going to re use the pins on the new frame 

I have the sides which also need replacing & the floor as there was not a sign of it :o

No pics as yet as I was keen to get on :D

Keep you posted

No I missed out on yours. Think you sold it to Henry??

My bigger trailer came from Wheelhorse Tony. Mate of Showmans

Edited by Chris

Yes Saxon Trailers are very good. I used one towed by a Kubota garden tractor (can't remember the tractor model but it was made in the 80s and was one of the small ones) through the formal garden at a NT property. that the gravel paths were hedged on either sides with box.

Glad you all like them then :D

SCH Supplies make simlier trailers now. We have one at work which is used in the garden behind a JD tractor mower

Chris,

It would be good to see some pictures when you get the chance. I have a couple of SCH trailers and one needs similar treatment to your trailer.

It's good to start the New Year with a new project.

Iain