the showman

Winter Blues Gas Up

Went to a stationery engine gas-up local to me today, apart from the  small engines there were a couple of big one's set up and running in the barn. 

In the corner was a Kinkade garden tractor that took my eye never seen one before, had two steel wheels on the front with one having a Villiers engine inside it, it had a tool frame with all the kit, plough. tines, ridger ect.

there was even a couple of seeders hanging from the roof.

post-98-0-13054100-1420398052.jpg

post-98-0-80603500-1420398073.jpg

post-98-0-99804800-1420398087.jpg

Cool pictures Chris! That Kinkade garden tractor is very unusual but quite cool. I think I've seen one online somewhere before, if I remember correctly they were manufactured around 1929 ish.

Tom

Edited by Tom

pretty cool to see one of them over there. The outer wheel is a dummy used to keep the machine upright when the plow is used. Other wise it would run just on the wheel with an engine in it.

Ant Idea of it's age, Chris?

I haven't Norm, never seen one before, Jeff might know

Looking forward to the new show season this year , how many are ya gonna do this year chris.?

Don't know Neil, but looking forward to Newby Hall, I would like to come down your way, any surgestions

Chris, there are a few good show down this way & you are more than welcome to stay Here.

Bath & west show is a real good show, although there isn't too much horticultural display there is a lot to see with displays and other goings on . There is also quite a few steam shows ,

Just to wet your whistle too , there is a Harley Davidson dealer in the town that is worth a visit

On May 1 there is a Harley show

http://bridgwaterhog.co.uk/en/pages/default.aspx

I haven't Norm, never seen one before, Jeff might know

Don't know Neil, but looking forward to Newby Hall, I would like to come down your way, any surgestions

Normally we would use the orginal engine to help id the yr, but in the states no one has a Villiers engine. It should have had a Briggs on it here, and would guess it to be from the 1925 to 30 era.

I did a little digging on this later, and found that some of the Kinkade model L's were built in the UK under permit during WWII. So this one might be a little newer than I thought and explain the Villiers engine it has.

Edited by Lauber1