wheeledhorseman

Can anyone id this strange hitch?

Got this cultivator a couple of years back with a view to adapting and mounting it behind a GT. Haven't got round to doing anything with it yet but have always been puzzled by the hitching arrangement.

post-103-0-37254600-1390431225_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what it was made to go behind or what the other half of the hitch looks like? The part attached to the frame is cast.

Andy

Can't make out what the hitch look's like Andy, it blends in with the brick (old eyes need repairing).

Look's like your missing a couple of Standards and Shovels though, but do have the Clamps on the Rear Bar.

The Shovels look the same as WH types, if so I have 2 WH ones I'll part with. Also have a number of new Plough Bolts.   

thats off a barford atom, its the 24" tool frame that would of been fitted to either the atom 15 or 30

$_14.JPG

if you care to check out e !!!! the famed auction site there is indeed one on there in a more complete state, hope this is of help to you

Edited by hangman

no worries, glad to be of assistance. Hope your conversion goes well some folk aren't keen on that sort of thing but im up for it and will be chopping up a trusty plough to fit on to my garden tractor pictures and postings to follow once i've worked out how to lol. hope that chopping up a trusty plough does not offend any one on here as those on the dark side were most offended lol 

Edited by hangman

on worries, glad to be of assistance. Hope your conversion goes well some folk aren't keen on that sort of thing but im up for it and will be chopping up a trusty plough to fit on to my garden tractor pictures and postings to follow once i've worked out how to lol. hope that chopping up a trusty plough does not offend any one on here as those on the dark side were most offended lol 

i chop things up all the time and recycle them a lot of things dont have a use these days but once converted they can have another 50 years working life,ie take a horse drawn plough cut her up add a bit here and there and it fits your tractor, farmers and smallholders have been doing it for years :D

its good to be with folk with liberated views your totally right nigel i think it came under the umbrella of mend and make do :D . so if it didn't fit and you needed it to you would take it to the smithy and he made it fit. I guess we have evolved though as most of us have a welder and a have a go attitude.