HeadExam

Bolens, Bolens, Bolens

Friday I will be visiting a friend I met several years ago. He used to be a Bolens dealer in the area and has a LARGE Quonset hut full of tractors and equipment that he has decided to sell. I know he has a H14, got dibs on that one for a friend, but he also has a 600, 800, 850 as well as several H14XL, Eliminators, and QTs, along with several shaft drive tillers, mower gearboxes, deck shells 3 point large frame hitches and many other assorted Bolens parts. He is a machinist and made a few of the NLA blade mounts for the larger GTs out of solid billet aluminum, the ones that have extra holes in case the old screws break off or get stripped. I'll be going out Friday to take pictures and make a list of inventory and see if I can help him move it. I'll post the pictures and results here Saturday.

The guy canceled on me today, now it's Sunday. I am not sure this is going to happen. He has been doing this for over a year. I thought for sure Friday would be the day. We'll see.

Nope, the guy didn't call me or answer his phone. I looked at my records, I sold this guy two Bolens QT17 rollers (no engines) two years ago this April, two days later I went to his house and made a DEAL with him to buy his old H14 for 475 ( he now says it was 500, I said no problem), he has not only avoided me, but avoided a friend of mine I sent to try to buy the tractor for me, no luck. The guy is not going to sell me or anyone else the tractor or anything else, even after we had a deal. Here is where I usually go into a parenting/ancestry discussion, not going to go there. The sad part is that the guy has had health issues for years and trying to maintain several hundred acres, plus several acres of auction junk has taken a toll on his health. He does not seem to realize that he cannot take it with him nor that much of what he has/had could be saved if it was sold to people that wouldn't let it deteriorate just for the pride of ownership. We have lots like him around here, those that don't take care of new or old equipment because they never mentally developed into complete and whole human beings. I'm not trying to be judgmental, just observations of Jung, Alder, Erickson, and Allport

That's a pity; I was looking forward to have my Bolens fix!

There are people like that everywhere I am afraid.

Yes there are. I was quite surprised to find out that hill people or country people sometimes referred to as rednecks and hillbillies inhabit all four corners of the United States. Most people associate them with the Southern and Appalachian states, but I have found them literally everywhere. I denote them as people who are lazy and unclean about themselves and their possessions, they do have at least one positive trait, many are not on government assistance due to living in remote areas 

Update: The guy called me again last Wednesday and wanted me to come out Friday, he called Friday morning and left a voice mail message that said it was too cold (45F), could we reschedule for next week? I haven't called him back. I think want he wants me to do is buy the H14 for 500.00 then help him sell a barn full of tractors and parts for free. My time and money invested to wretch more profit from the tractor, which really is only worth 300.00. My agreeing to paying him more set his greed wheels into full throttle. I almost feel sorry for people like this, almost.