HeadExam

Brinly culttivators, two for one

I went to pick up my cultivator I bought a few weeks ago from a trader I know in OKC, its 2-1/2 hour one way trip and the guy didn't answer his phone or the door when we arrived. So my bud and I traveled across the city to another guys place that also had cultivators, he also had a lot more, he had 6 Sears single plows, 3 brinly V shaped cultivators, a Sears middle buster, a Brinly sleeve hitch plow (very nice), a homemade single 3 point plow, a front power bucket with hydraulic cylinder that fit a Deere or Cub, and thousands of other tools and antiques at GREAT prices, and under a pile of receiver hitches for small pickups I saw this thing sticking out and it was a Brinly diamond spike harrow. I picked it up for 45.00 then we went back to the other fellows place and I picked up a v shaped cultivator he had, not the one he sent me in the picture with wheels, but one without wheels, but for only 25 dollars. So I get both cultivators for 70 dollars and buying my bud lunch, he provided the truck and gas to acquire a really nice brinly sleeve hitch plow from the my trader friend. Here's some pictures of just a little bit of his stuff. He had nice twin cylinder Briggs horizontal engines, hydraulic pumps, old air compressors old peddle cars shaped like jet fighters, Snapping Turtle lawnmower/brush cutters etc, etc.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grd/4938545866.html

post-384-0-13615500-1426812036_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-60887400-1426812042_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-55793400-1426812048_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeadExam

That look like a good buy there. Do you know what models they are?

Yes, the cultivator is a model CC-500 row crop cultivator and the harrow is the Model SS-500 drag harrow. I have the bolt and strap for the concrete block hold down for the row crop and found the standard keepers and lock wedges, the steel wheels I have on order and will use a 3/4 rod to make rear wheel assembly like the original in the manual

Brinly attachments 4 GE Elec-Trak.pdf

Brinly CC-500 row crop cultivator.pdf

Thanks for the attached files; fascinating to read about the various implements available. I doubt if we could get half of them over here in the UK.

I would like to get one of the company's sales brochures for my growing literature collection.

Thanks for the attached files; fascinating to read about the various implements available. I doubt if we could get half of them over here in the UK.

I would like to get one of the company's sales brochures for my growing literature collection.

I have acquired over 1,000 manuals on .pdf files, the hardest ones to get are the implement manuals. I still don't have a manual on the SS-500 drag harrow. There were two pieces that came with the SS-500 that I don't have, a serpentine piece that elevates a hook up for another implement and the tab to keep the diamond shape from changing when dragging the implement, that piece I have made, I'll make the other piece shortly.