sten

Hayter Harrier

A couple if pictures of my Hayter Harrier, bought it last year off a guy who bought it new in 78, only needed a new carb diaphragm to get it running again, sadly it has to go, it is a very good mower but I just don't have the room for everything I've got.

post-204-0-48453700-1430332167_thumb.jpgpost-204-0-45271200-1430332448_thumb.jpg

A Harrier 2, tne of the last of the good old solid sand cast decks . The next model, tthe dark green Harrier 48 had the lighter weight pressure die cast deck that corroded like B********y and shed its paint!

Dear Sten, You said you replaced the carb diaphram, could you tell me where you obtained it and if you know where a new carb (or engine) could be obtained? I supose that a new grassbox would be out of the question! Has anyone made up a working grassbox for this lovely old machine. I was told that Briggs and Stratton make an engine now that could be fitted to the side drive box but have been unable to get its part number, please help...

Dear Sten, You said you replaced the carb diaphram, could you tell me where you obtained it and if you know where a new carb (or engine) could be obtained? I supose that a new grassbox would be out of the question! Has anyone made up a working grassbox for this lovely old machine. I was told that Briggs and Stratton make an engine now that could be fitted to the side drive box but have been unable to get its part number, please help...

Hi Colian, did Wristpin sort you out ?

I have just bought one of these diaphragms ( 391681 ) for one of my spare Harrier 2. Got it from Ebay for £7.00 free delivery. Last one I bought from Ernest Does over the counter was £13.00. Even if the old diaphragm looks ok it probably is tired and prevents starting. An older thread but it may help someone.