Darmic1

Farmers Boy Minor

Made a start on machine number 2! This one will be left in its working clothes......... as hard as it is for me not to strip it back and paint it!!!

I'm determined to have at least one machine I can actually get dirty..........

So, this one has had the engine stripped down, checked for any faults and rebuilt. I have been luckier with this one as the engine is internally very good. Its obviously had some work in the past as its fitted with a +40 piston and rings, the oil was clean and no water!!! I have only had to buy a new carb gasket and a spark plug to have it running, so its been a very cheap overhaul.

post-106-0-95709100-1447193506_thumb.jpg See, not painted!!!

It's been a while but I have finally got around to making the new cables for the restored Farmers Boy, the only one I felt was beyond my expertise was the 'governor throttle' cable, this was sourced from George at Villiersparts along with a new throttle lever. The other two I made up for the very first time from parts ordered from 'feked.com' Even made my own 'crucible' pot out of an old wheel brace for melting the lead in. New cables fitted and a correct length belt too!073.jpg

'Titch' at machinery decals has also been hard at work too. He has recreated the decals from photographs I provided, of the remains of decals found on the machine. He has done a fantastic job as usual! Here are the pictures of the fully 'clothed' finished machine.......... 

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

Spent the last week or so stripping down, cleaning, inspecting and reassembling the good bits of the two donor machines into one good working machine. This will be my 1st 'oily rag' restoration. I had already sorted an engine last year, just leaving a gearbox, frame and rotors to sort. Have now gotten this machine back together and fully working. here are just a couple of pictures of the good gearbox and an almost finished machine, 

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg