HeadExam

Two early Christmas presents and maybe one belated one

I picked up a 16hp Snapper/Massey 1650 with 48" deck and 42" shaft drive tiller,it has a complete working rear PTO. Also got a 1976 Bolens H14 minus the engine with a nice shaft drive deck and shaft drive tiller, both in great shape. I have 600.00 and 20 gallons of petrol for the 360 mile round trip in it. Hopefully if I am good I will be the new owner of a 1971 Bolens 1476 in excellent condition, original seat and nice deck. I will have 300 in this one if i can get it. I'm spending money like a drunk sailor and I don't care and am daring anyone to say anything :lol:  Pictures tomorrow

Thanks Andrew, and you are all more than welcome to come to the Summer tractor show that may be in the works. The Snapper 1650 is a complete donor tractor that I need for the rear PTO parts. The PTO shafts and bearings are different in the later 1981-1984 Snapper 1650, than in the earlier 1977-1979 Massey 16590 tractors, the flutes on the shafts was different as were the receiving bearings. I am missing a couple of parts from the Massey PTO and they no longer make those shafts or bearings, however they do make the Snapper shafts and bearings, so replacing mine with the Snapper PTO shafts and bearings insures that I will be able to replace parts if needed. The Snapper also has a decent 16 hp engine that I want as a spare for the Massey and a complete 3 point hitch and hydraulic valves and cylinders that will allow me to have spare parts for my two Massey tractors. The Snapper tractors are not very collectible, but since Snapper built the Massey tractors of earlier years makes them perfect for donor machines, especially considering many of the parts are still available. The Snapper decks were not nearly as sophisticated in the adjustment features compared to the Massey tractors, but they shared the same Shells, cogged pulleys, and belts, parts that are no longer available from either Massey or Snapper.The H14 may go to a friend that may put another Tech OH engine on it or a Briggs twin and add a loader, but I am keeping the Bolens 18018 flat back tiller and 18023 38" shaft drive deck for the 1556. Pictures soon.