HeadExam

Wheel Horse D-160 Clutch Replacement

The Kohler powered D series Wheel Horse all came with a manual clutch, but the Onan's used an electric clutch, don't know why. Since this donor tractor was a Onan powered machine I decided to remove the manual clutch from the Kohler D series engine donor tractor and replace it with an electric clutch from a Allis 416H parts tractor. I can now employ the switch in the dash to engage the electric clutch on the Kohler K341 to turn the rear PTO. The bolt holes, shaft, and pulley's lined up perfectly. I feel like a multi appendaged farm animal.

post-384-0-59159100-1459084768_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-70069500-1459084793_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-06890900-1459084798_thumb.jpg

Thanks Andrew, I carried that penchant for tidiness and organization into my job as a self employed new home painter as well. It is absolutely imperative to keep a clean job site to reduce the possibility of injury and be more productive as well. it also serves to produce a better finish product and sets a good example for others. BTW,  spent alot of time training British and Australian infantry in American battlefield tactics (not sure why they wanted to learn this), the first step was always organization and preparation.