Sign in to follow this  
Alan

FIRE PUMP

After weeks of sorting, finding goodie's and clearing junk, the Showman and I thought we would have a play for a change.  Chris had left one of his horses on site for haulage duty's in case it was needed while I was finishing off my Roper, so as it was a nice sunny day we had a drive around to start with.

IMG_4907.JPG

IMG_4908.JPG

IMG_4909.JPG

Last week, during his usual end of day walkabout, Chris spotted a long lost trailer which I knew was somewhere on John's land.  We decided to drag it out from the undergrowth for a better look.  As expected it was in poor condition, the woodwork having rotted away and the lighter metal not much better.  The main chassis was still good and solid and the wheels still revolved.  Hitching up one tractor got it moving until the wet muddy ground caused wheel spin.  The same result with the other tractor. Both tractors hitched up together did the trick.  The trailer was then towed across the field to a new resting place.

IMG_4910.JPGIMG_4911.JPGIMG_4913.JPGIMG_4914.JPGIMG_4915.JPGIMG_4916.JPG

For some unknown reason, the sun decided to replace it's self with clouds and rain so we finished up a bit soggy.  As usually happens, after spoiling the fun the sun decided to play nicely again.  We didn't manage to take photo's of the tow in progress.  Too busy having fun.  The last photo, scanned from an old print, shows the same trailer about 43 years ago just after John and I had returned from a Bolens and equipment recovery trip. The things we got away with in those days. Just imagine being on the road with that lot these days.  My son, on the tractor, was just pretending to drive. The Bolens in the trailer has somehow now found it's way to Norfolk.

IMG_3048.JPG

The four wheel trailer is the one Chris is restoring now.  Another fun filled day.  Thanks Chris.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

COVENTRY CLIMAX FIRE PUMP.

Dragged this out of the barn yesterday.  Moved it to a more convenient location ready for collection.  The pump assembly is missing as can be seen.  The buyer is based in Germany, not sure yet if it is going back with him or what plans he has for it.  Whatever, it is another item less at John's.  Also sold the J P Simplex mower which was collected yesterday.

IMG_5205.JPG

3 hours ago, the showman said:

Only one photo of you Alan, thought i took a few didn't the others come out .:D

Others came out OK Chris, :thumbs: but mostly look similar.

3 hours ago, Stormin said:

That's the first photo of Alan I think I've seen. Maybe he's camera shy? :D

Usually behind the camera Norm, saves having a cracked lens.  But just for you another one with my "Hurry up and press the button Chris" face. 

John managed to get into all the photo's too.

IMG_5204.JPG

Any more goodies Alan or is that the lot ??

What a time you chaps have had getting it all out of the sheds and barns, for my part I am very happy with the Allman sprayer and the Cadet 81.. oh and the tyres !!  :thumbs:

Almost all the main stuff gone now Paul.

Still various mowers, Billy Goats,  Atlas lathe, 3 good Marina cars and assorted new spares, Kubota digger,  3 "fit for spares"  Westwoods plus my Roper tractor, the large trailer chassis which was dug out recently plus other bits which I have forgotten about but will remember later. 

Slowed down over the last few weeks due to other commitments, but John's clear out still ongoing.  Might still be goodies yet to be found too.