Sign in to follow this  
harryt

Martin Markham Colt

I have just bought another tractor to add to the fleet. It is a Martin Markham Colt tractor with the optional pto and hydraulic lift included. I have the original cultivator and plough to go with it as well. The previous owner had had it from new so is one owner! He also said he had probably done less than 50hours work which is remarkable, it has the original rear tyres and they look brand new. The only problem it has really is the hydraulic lift will not lower once it is up.

i would upload pictures but I can seem to upload them.

I have recently tried to find the chassis number but instead I found a marking on it of CT, does anybody know what this could mean?

23 minutes ago, pmackellow said:

Colt Tractors probably, the machines were said to be made by Colt Tractors and marketed by Martin Markham. :)

Ok, but so,e have a number on, is that for the deluxe model. Is there any way I can date it?

Bit foam update on the tractor, and some pictures which I have all worked out how to put on, when I first got the machine starting was a little bit iffy and did not run right, I then left it for a while and could not get it to start at all. So I decided to service a few parts on it and sort it out, new engine oil, helicoil in the spark plug thread and spark plug, sorted the recoil, and changed the points and condenser for an ignition module from Mike Hitchens, it all now works and runs sweetly. Next step is to get the plough in the ground:D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg