Alan

MARINA LOCK SWAP.

Another of the Showman's little jobs today, along with his Bolens wind up, was to change the steering lock / ignition assembly on one of John's Marina's.  I was amazed at how quick he did it especially as the shear bolts used on assembly leave nothing to get a spanner onto and are in a recess in the casting.

When asked how he managed it so quickly, his face turned as red as his new Wheelhorse tea shirt and muttering under his breath, said that it was best if I didn't know.  After bribing him with more tea he said he had to get home somehow after spending all his money on late night sessions with booze and blondes in his teenage days, and that other drinkers were left wondering where their cars had gone.

His effort today resulted in this Marina having a working ignition system and with a bit more work will spring to life again.

IMG_4651.JPG

It brings back great memories of my old Ital estate years ago that I paid something like £75 for as it had a small hole in the sill.. Only 55k on the clock as well..

After welding up the hole in the sill for some reason I decided to paint the floor with hammerite while the seats and carpet were out..

Roll on 8 hours later when the Ital was needed to get some food and booze...

So the seats were quickly bolted back in and off we drove putting the heater on as it was a cold evening...

By the time we had reached the supermarket (this was years ago and I can't remember which one), the fresh paint fumes helped my some hot air had gone to our heads somewhat..

It was rather strange to feel like you are floating while shopping.. Picture hands on the shopping trolley but feet no touching the ground sort of thing!! :D

10 hours ago, Alan said:

Another of the Showman's little jobs today, along with his Bolens wind up, was to change the steering lock / ignition assembly on one of John's Marina's.  I was amazed at how quick he did it especially as the shear bolts used on assembly leave nothing to get a spanner onto and are in a recess in the casting.

When asked how he managed it so quickly, his face turned as red as his new Wheelhorse tea shirt and muttering under his breath, said that it was best if I didn't know.  After bribing him with more tea he said he had to get home somehow after spending all his money on late night sessions with booze and blondes in his teenage days, and that other drinkers were left wondering where their cars had gone.

His effort today resulted in this Marina having a working ignition system and with a bit more work will spring to life again.

IMG_4651.JPG

changing out the locks isn't that hard:lol: something pointy and a hammer and those bolts come out no problem