greenplane

hayter osprey starting ??

Hello Mike, Welcome.

I don't know the age of your Osprey, but here is a link to the B &S Manual site and a User Manual that covers 170702 versions (1980) and others-

Briggs . 

Years since I've seen an Osprey but fairly sure that it will have a mechanically operated choke operated by the throttle cable going past full speed. It was sometimes a bit of a balancing act obtaining both full choke at one extreme of the throttle lever throw and the Stop position at the other.

Take the air cleaner off and you should see the choke butterfly. Take an image or two with the air filter removed and post on the forum

it will have a mechanically operated choke operated by the throttle cable going past full speed 

I have just had a look at mine and that is exactly how it works.... If anyone wants a spare engine/drive unit this one is free to be collected.

PIC_0002.JPG

On 10/8/2016 at 9:41 AM, rog8811 said:

I have just had a look at mine and that is exactly how it works.... If anyone wants a spare engine/drive unit this one is free to be collected.

PIC_0002.JPG

Hi-I am looking for a spare twin pulley for a Hayter Osprey-Is the engine still available. Please let me  know. Stuart