Sign in to follow this  
S1g

Suffolk Punch

Just picked this up on my travels. Can anyone tell me much about it?

I'm guessing its 1960's? Overall it looks quite good, just the bottom of the box has rotted out.

IMG_2110[1].JPG

IMG_2112[1].JPG

Pity about the box, people will leave them out side to fill with water. I've reskinned a few with "tin" from 25ltre oil drums, the trick is finding a drum that's nor pre-dented. The 17" Super punch was a good machine and a perfectly useable Classic now: as is the 14" MkVII Punch .Here's a few of mine , the one on the right is the quite uncommon ten bladed "Professional" .

CIMG3797 (Small).JPG

CIMG3784 (Small).JPG

CIMG3790 (Small).JPG

1 hour ago, Wristpin said:

Pity about the box, people will leave them out side to fill with water. I've reskinned a few with "tin" from 25ltre oil drums, the trick is finding a drum that's nor pre-dented. The 17" Super punch was a good machine and a perfectly useable Classic now: as is the 14" MkVII Punch .Here's a few of mine , the one on the right is the quite uncommon ten bladed "Professional" .

CIMG3797 (Small).JPG

CIMG3784 (Small).JPG

CIMG3790 (Small).JPG

Awesome looking machines of yours. Would I be right in thinking about the date of 1960's?

The 17" series 1 Super Punch ran from 1956 to 1959 and the same basic design carried on into the 80s badged as a Qualcast.

The screw height adjuster , " kidney" fuel tank  and 75cc on the engine plate would suggest 1963 onwards but if its original engine was 98cc  it would be considerably later, probably around 1967 .

Edited by Wristpin
Additional information