Rayp

Hayter 21 Throttle/Govenor linkages

Regrettably, I neglected to make a sketch or photograph the throttle and governor linkages on the top of the carburettor before removing

it for an overhaul.  I am now uncertain which holes to use for the throttle and governor springs and likewise for the 'wire rod' with cranked

ends.  The Parts Manual and/or Repair Manual are not helpful in showing where they attach. Can anyone please help?

Thankyou for your offer Potash and many thanks Potash for the photo which is very helpful.

Glad you got it sorted. I always photograph linkages now with my mobile phone. I learn't the hard way, saying that some of these are on Youtube and quite helpful. Regards Colin

Thanks Colin.  I'll try and adopt your practice in the future as its not the first time I've relied on a manual only to find it is not very helpful.  I've located the springs and wire as per the above photo but still need to fiddle as the smaller spring doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Regards

Ray 

The small spring shares its anchor points with the rod and has an anti-rattle / hunting function. Its absence will probably go unnoticed on an old 21. It just keeps the linkage in tension.

Hi

I realise that this thread is quite old but I have just joined the forum in the hope of getting help and advice in my quest to get an old Hayter Twenty One running again. This throttle linkage phot has been a godsend! I don't suppose anyone hads a manual of parts list for the same machine?

Thanks in anticipation

Jon

Hi, There is a manual and parts list for the engine which you can download from the Briggs & Stratton Website.  There is also a Hayter user manual and parts list for the remainder of the Machine and, if this is what you are looking for, I could copy it for you.

Just for everyone's information. I have uploaded the available manual in PDF form for the Hayter Osprey and 21 machines. It's in the orange header line marked DOWNLOADS. Engine data will need to be obtained from the B&S website.

Regards

Hi Richard,

I'll have to try uploading sometime as I have never done it! I'm fine thanks just waiting for the 'old age vaccine' to become available. I actually stumbled across the wheel nuts you were seeking the other day, but I assume you have long since found some.