Just now, Cub Cadet said:

Nice job! also where did you source the lamps? Another forum member @Westie1 has just been asking about them. thanks

Hey! Just reading a Westwood magazine lol. The lamps were sourced on eBay to the best of my memory as this was about three months ago that I ordered but didn't do work until recently. They came from America as I was unable to find any in the UK as with the pulleys. They were reasonable in price and if you want the lights for a Westwood, purchase the same lights as mine as those are the right ones for the Gazelle model. Hope this helps. Thanks.

1 hour ago, WestwoodW8Gazelle said:

Hey! Just reading a Westwood magazine lol. The lamps were sourced on eBay to the best of my memory as this was about three months ago that I ordered but didn't do work until recently. They came from America as I was unable to find any in the UK as with the pulleys. They were reasonable in price and if you want the lights for a Westwood, purchase the same lights as mine as those are the right ones for the Gazelle model. Hope this helps. Thanks.

He wants them for a wheel horse but they are the same unit, I reused some on a wheel horse from a westwood w11 and later managed to source some original General Electric ones 

I think these are the same as used on Bolens. A little known fact is they are also used for stage and swimming pool lighting and are known as Par36 lamps. If you google par36 or drop it into an eBay search you should find some GE ones at a good price. They are available with different lens so you need to be careful to get the right ones.

hope this helps

Iain

57 minutes ago, Cub Cadet said:

He wants them for a wheel horse but they are the same unit, I reused some on a wheel horse from a westwood w11 and later managed to source some original General Electric ones 

Yeah, I think MoM member John used a newer light (same voltage etc.) But with newer terminals on the lights for his early W11 1978 Series 1 Westwood. I think I found them in Europe but being newer terminals I'm not so good with electricals so I opted for the original factory lights although had to come from America. If you're still unsure you could message John as he has replaced the lights I think