kpthorsefan

New trailer

Easy get your Wheelhorse on there  & room to spare .

Nice trailer , make sure you  get a good padlock , pikeys will love that . :D

Could do with one of those myself .

Easy get your Wheelhorse on there  & room to spare .

Nice trailer , make sure you  get a good padlock , pikeys will love that . :D

Could do with one of those myself .

I will find out at the weekend depending on the weather, O yes got a wheel clamp and hitch lock and a really heavy chain I put around a post which I used on my other trailer..

When I got the trailer the spare wheel was held on with just one bolt, so I made up a wheel carrier out of some scrap metal, and used some locking wheel bolts that I had on a ford XR3i I once had, then I will bolt it down to the cross member and weld the nuts to the bolts..

post-101-0-99813800-1392050339_thumb.jpg

You guys use some serious anti-theft devices, my folks don't use stuff like that in a suburb a few miles north of Detroit.

do you have gypsys or travellers. they are a menace to decent people. they find it quite acceptable to think that they have the right to other peoples possesions. they want a slap

nice addition to your van. you mentioned a cover is it like the one I have totally makes it private and wind and weather tight. ?

We have something similar, I think. People who steal for a living, anything not nailed down that can be sold. On the other hand, many of us own guns and know how to use them so they steal from those who they see as weak and unprotected. Where I live, in a rather rural area, shooting guns is a part of daily life. The local police have little sympathy for some joker trying to steal something only to get a butt full of rock salt for his trouble. A trip to the hospital and a room in the grey bar hotel is his reward, word spreads and criminals find some place else to be. Kinda sad, but it is true.

We have something similar, I think. People who steal for a living, anything not nailed down that can be sold. On the other hand, many of us own guns and know how to use them so they steal from those who they see as weak and unprotected. Where I live, in a rather rural area, shooting guns is a part of daily life. The local police have little sympathy for some joker trying to steal something only to get a butt full of rock salt for his trouble. A trip to the hospital and a room in the grey bar hotel is his reward, word spreads and criminals find some place else to be. Kinda sad, but it is true.

Do something like that in Britain and you'd probably get a Life sentence and have to pay the criminal thousands in compensation!

We have a saying here, "I have a gun and a shovel, you won't be missed".  We seldom have that kind of trouble in my rural area, as the thought of getting shot at keeps most of the low life's away and looking for easier picken's.

I can open carry here and often do in the yard. That means carrying a gun in a holster in plain sight, not hidden. The neighbors have no issues with this and actually have told me they are glad I own guns and therefore make the area safer. I talk to the local cops when they roll thru and they are fine with it too, and I can help id the scumbags they are looking for thru my and the neighbors kids. Kids see everything, but don't really know what it is that they know. As a result there is rarely any problems here, and then the perps are quickly found.

do you have gypsys or travellers. they are a menace to decent people. they find it quite acceptable to think that they have the right to other peoples possesions. they want a slap

nice addition to your van. you mentioned a cover is it like the one I have totally makes it private and wind and weather tight. ?

Thanks john, the cover should be here this week, so they say ? it should cover all of the cage and part of the trailer.

I don't think I have seen your trailer have I ?.

wheel carrier all secure to the cross member of the trailer, wheel locked on with locking wheel bolts. and a cover for the wheel..

And still no sign of the tarpaulin yet.... :angry: