1 hour ago, Anglo Traction said:

Neat work Alain, like the colour:thumbs:Did you fix the damage on the other machine you posted on a while back?

(Metal Shop, Magnesium Repair).

Thanks Andrew, I did fix that saw and have it restored, it s a 115cc 1968 Homelite model 2000. I bought this one and it was delivered heavily damaged by the Post. It was missing the bar from the box and they had broken the handle support, it also had very low compression which the seller did not disclose. I found a NOS cylinder, piston, and ring kit. along with a gasket, seal, and bearing set. I also bought another one just like it that runs. These XL-102 Automatic oilers were only made two years (1971-1972), they are really hard to find, I'm happy to have one built in the first year and second year, they are slightly different.

XL-102.jpg

20180511_201759.jpg

20180218_154305.jpg

13 hours ago, HeadExam said:

Apologies to Andrew and Richard, I got mixed up on names, I even do that with my own name sometimes

Nice work on the repair George, sorry,  Alain :). Yeah, I would also have less trouble with names if they were replaced with numbers ;).

I must get around to fabricating a 'Felling Spike' for my tiny  '71' Beaird-Poulan XXV, now I have the Parts List illustration,  as I need it for some cutting soon (optional extra then).

The one on your  Red Homelite 2000 auto looks meaty !.   

The 71 Beaird Poulan should be a magnesium case. I have never seen a Felling Spike on that saw (later sold under Craftsman and Husqvarna brand names), as it would seem to be akin to a class 3 trailer hitch on a Vespa, lol

Yep!, Magnesium it is. Don't wish to deviate too much from your original Topic,  the spike is shown (numbered 53) on the IPL, but no reference in the parts list with a part # -

XXV.JPG.4f14363d2fdf93398c5d7930395d54b2.JPG

I think to keep it all tidy, I could add the Parts List to the old original Topic I started on the Chainsaw in 2014   -LINK-  along with the spike. Unsure about resurrecting old Topics.

Regards 

Thank you, that later plastic cased saws did not show any spike or holes for the spike in the parts list, maybey due to the plastic case not being sturdy enough

Please do add the parts list, thank you. The later plastic cased saws did not show any spike or holes for the spike in the parts list, maybey due to the plastic case not being sturdy enough