Potash123

Layter Hayterette blade ?

Picked up a nice Hayterette with a rear bumper and B & S 50 XTS Quantum Engine. Started first go and has new wheels fitted !! It was apparently a graveyard mower. The blade is the single type which appears to be a B & S modification. My old mate reckons this was in fact produced as the disc and blades are so expensive. It does not look like a home made. Can anyone throw any light o this theory, thanks.

I do hate these guessing games, for *** sake post an image!

There were two machines known as graveyard mowers , the Hawk 12” and the Hawk Major 19”. Both had a friction disc with a bar blade.

I have serious problems on all of my motorcycle forums and this on posting pictures as they are too large, tried most things to resize pictures.. Anyway it looks like a normal Hayterette not a graveyard mower which I have seen a few. I really wish I could send pics, so sorry.

5 hours ago, Potash123 said:

I have serious problems on all of my motorcycle forums and this on posting pictures as they are too large, tried most things to resize pictures.. Anyway it looks like a normal Hayterette not a graveyard mower which I have seen a few. I really wish I could send pics, so sorry.

A friction disc and bar blade was offered as an option for Hayterettes. 

If you want to benefit and use the time and resources of other forum members to solve your problems you really need to sort out your image posting issues. I know a lot of people use this free application to do it .

http://www.onthegosoft.com/shrink_pic.htm

....... and subscribe!

Well Stormin. I used that link for this, but it won't let me post pictures anywhere else eg BSA Owners Club and others, file too LARGE again ???? Frustrating. I have an A65 as good as that as well. regards Colin. 

DSCN2315.JPG