Darmic1

Midgi Culto?

Had a call from the chap who turned the Oak Rollers for my Atco this afternoon. He knows of a Midgi Culto, in working order or it was last year. He say the guy lives in his road and may be willing to part with it for the right price. I have never seen or even heard of one, my question is what do you guys know about them? Is it worth me having a look, is it rare???

Thanks Kev, had a look at the info..... Seems an interesting piece of machinery. Was told this one has been owned since new, maintained accordingly and comes with manual, history etc. I will definately arrange to go have a look. Last time I just looked, it came home with me!!!!

Cheers Paul, am going to look at this one. Could be the next project?

Hi Darren I am restoring an universal auto- culto at present and the weak spot appears to be where the wheel axle exits the gearbox. Its got a brass bushing that wears...eventually the wheels get a nasty rock in them ...I have totally stripped mine and its at an engineering shop getting new bronze bushings fitted...so check that area. Brian Bells book has a good section on the make. Lots of attachments available ..so a nice machine to restore.

Thanks Kev, had a look at the info..... Seems an interesting piece of machinery. Was told this one has been owned since new, maintained accordingly and comes with manual, history etc. I will definately arrange to go have a look. Last time I just looked, it came home with me!!!!Cheers Paul, am going to look at this one. Could be the next project?

I said it wouldn't be long till you gave in to temptation...

Cheers Pat, Will pay attention to that area when having a look! Unfortunately santa didnt bring me Brian's book, nor did it arrive for my birthday..... Guess I will just have to treat myself!

I know Gareth..... Im receiving therapy for this addiction :-)

Cheers Pat, Will pay attention to that area when having a look! Unfortunately santa didnt bring me Brian's book, nor did it arrive for my birthday..... Guess I will just have to treat myself!I know Gareth..... Im receiving therapy for this addiction :-)

as you have probably guessed I gave up trying to fight It a long, long time ago!

I've been to see the Midgi-Culto today. Its not in bad condition, all complete and only suffering surface rust with no heavy pitting. There is a lot of original paint and even the original decals are clearly visible. The tyres are holding air and look to be pretty good. Having chatted with its current owner, he tells me it was running about a year ago after he fitted a new pull start mechanism and a new exhaust. It was last used in anger about 2 years ago to create some raised beds, It all worked as it should then. He wants £80 to £100 for it, not sure if this is a good price or not as my other machines were either free or less than £15 to buy. Anyways, here are a few pictures........

post-106-0-44224800-1393875224_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-57976900-1393875225.jpgpost-106-0-67502900-1393875228_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-27897800-1393875232_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-75586400-1393875235_thumb.jpg

Almost finished restoring my auto culto Darren ...was hoping you would entertain us with another super restoration . Got the exhaust finished to day for the BJ Howard gem..very tricky to make up from scratch

Thats brilliant! Would love to see the pictures of the Gem and the Autoculto! Re entertaining....... There is a new addition to the machinery family, a Landmaster Saturn Lawnmower! Picking it up tomorrow, space for storing my projects is at best limited! So smaller ones will have to be sought.......