Lewis123

Huffy broad lawn

Hi I’m new to the group I’m looking to buy my first vintage ride on and trying to track down a Huffy broad lawn would anyone know where would be the best place to look for one thanks lewis 

I would say it will be very hard to find one,I had one and if you put in a search on here ime shough you will find my posts when I did a full restoration on it, I only know of 2 in the uk, there are plenty of huffy surburbans in the uk though

He are some picts before resto and after

E980A025-5530-406B-B79E-D6B6F803F73C.png

E20568D0-6862-4943-9A6A-C17AD5AAC36B.png

2DFCF2C8-E4ED-4B93-869D-1DBB811FB73B.png

B2A7AE3E-F743-42E9-9080-9C258FC3E176.png

Thanks for your help what a cracking job you made of it if I’m going to struggle finding one what is a similar size as I’m wanting it for my little lad to go to shows with thanks again lewis 

I bought Nigel's restored Huffy Broadlawn a while back. Lovely machine. I sold it to a guy whose family were part of the UK side of the Huffy Group. The chap I sold it to was the son of the brother who designed the lawn rider. When he died, the widow decided to move back to the UK. He was thrilled to have a bit of family history in his possession and by good fortune he lives not a million miles from me. 

On 12/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, Triumph66 said:

I bought Nigel's restored Huffy Broadlawn a while back. Lovely machine. I sold it to a guy whose family were part of the UK side of the Huffy Group. The chap I sold it to was the son of the brother who designed the lawn rider. When he died, the widow decided to move back to the UK. He was thrilled to have a bit of family history in his possession and by good fortune he lives not a million miles from me. 

Ah that where it wen Andrewt I couldn’t for the life of me remember where it went 😂