JUST O&R

wards 10 digger

The chip-a-saw is almost done just weighting on one baffle that Clint has on the way. I want to thank him for that again.

Got this wards auger about a year ago and now I will clean it up and make it run again.

The good thing is its all here baffles,muffler,air filter, so hopefully it wont be bad .

It does need a lot of cleaning . I hope this one goes a little better then the last one.

IMG_3479[1].JPG

IMG_3480[1].JPG

I have reached my limit on pictures cant seen to put on any more .

IMG_3481[1].JPG

Edited by JUST O&R

That auger is awesome, looks in great condition!  

Hopefully the baffle arrives today or tomorrow. I have a tracking number if needed.

Is the gas tank metal on that thing?

Gas tank is aluminum I think the paint  is ok I will know in the morning it will be all over the bench

in little peaces .yep tank will look good :D Will need to paint the recoil.

IMG_3484[1].JPG

Edited by JUST O&R

That’s cool, I much prefer the metal tanks. I have an O&R ice auger that has a plastic tank. I’m leaving it since it was original to the unit but it would look better with a metal one.

Pretty rare item but there has been few pop up. They advertise it doubles as a regular gas powered drill with a chuck added on the end shaft. 

Is the shaft end threaded? That's for a drill chuck

Do you have the auger bit?

Here's a thread for mine, it also had the recoil changed

I have the auger bit and the end is threaded . it now in peaces all over the bench. that's a good looking auger you have

there now I know ware to get parts :hide: 

IMG_3489[1].JPG

IMG_3490[1].JPG

My auger bit is aftermarket. Took a while to find a little one that looks right but I now have 2 of them.

These gearboxes are filled with gear oil. I can't remember if I just used the old seals or found new ones to use

I will used 00 gear grease very thick so it will not leak out . just ordered a drill chuck for it so I have one .

5/8-16 chuck will fit . In my spare time I can drill holes :rolleyes:

This gear box had oil in it so just going to make a gasket and put it back together.

Well been busy last few days. Slow and sure were getting there tank and gear case cleaned up pretty good .

got the cylinder back on and working on packing plate and points now.

IMG_3521[1].JPG

IMG_3522[1].JPG

IMG_3523[1].JPG

By the way, I’m curious what are you all using these days for cleaning the painted pieces? That old paint seems to be really sensitive to a lot of basic cleaners. I’ve tried Simple Green and I think it might not be good for the paint, warm water and dish soap, etc. Maybe one of those milder or diluted citrus degreasers?

Well Clint you need to pick up the pace a little on that fan the auger is almost done just need to sandblast and paint the

bit. The paint was all coming off just decided to repaint it. I can't do that today will need to wait tell next week.

Did you decide what that fan was used for??

IMG_3539[1].JPG

IMG_3540[1].JPG

IMG_3541[1].JPG

IMG_3542[1].JPG

Wow, that looks really nice, very cool!  

I started dismantling the fan this morning. Went pretty easily until I got to the shaft that is compression fit on the end of the crankshaft - man that thing won’t let go. I can’t rebuild that part of the engine until I can free that thing.

Hmmm, seems you have a plethora of new decals too! Nice job.

Think my Wards also came with a white recoil cover but I thought that may have been a replacement. Not so sure now. The General 10 did have a gold cover but it was all beat up.

John have you been to the mail box???

this one had a white recoil if I'm not mistaken. and yes I bought a bunch of decals.

I  thought i might need a few considering how many of this tings I have to rebuild. 

I actually have to work for a living. 7 days a week and about 70 + hours. Just got home and still have a couple hours of quotes, emails, paperwork and phone calls. I pop in here to keep an eye on you guys in between calls and emails.