CNew

Ohlsson Rice: Orline Exhaust Fan / Sold as a Manhole Fan?

Looks great!!!

you boy’s have been busy today

just got home Gota get a shower

and some dinner.

I will check your progress in the morning but it looks like you have it figured out.

I’m afraid this is about as clean as this shroud is going to get without messing up the paint. If it was metal I might go after it a bit more but seeing it’s fiberglass I’m going to play it safe.

967B7946-DBEA-4D0B-926B-6BAAB4AEA45F.jpeg

F43CAED1-1A6D-45C8-A47B-09A6B7E81806.jpeg

Still working on it. I haven’t had a chance to do anything to it this week but hopefully tomorrow I can get back after it.  Still a lot of cleaning to do before I start putting the engine back together.  I need to get this gasket project going with Eric as I’ll probably need some of those for this project.

12 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Ya I can only do one more after the outboard and i will be out of the gasket too.

Me too.

2 if i had the gaskets sent to Clint

I wish!  

I got a bunch of gasket paper cut yesterday evening and I’ve got it clamped between two sheets of plywood to try to flatten it more before sending it to Eric. Also haven’t heard back from him yet on how much $$$ I need to send for this project.

Been making some good progress on the fan this weekend. With all the corrosion it’s taking more time to clean every nit-picking screw and part. I’m having to repair or swap a few items here and there as well. I’m going to need a set of the induction case gaskets and the cylinders head gaskets before I can get the engine back together. The recoil was fun, had to find another reel and replace the cord, hoping the recoil spring still has some life.

I’m going to send the gasket paper and NOS gaskets, that John provided, out to Eric this week.  I got everything as flat as I could so hopefully it’ll work in his laser. That really thin induction case gasket could pose some challenges but we will see what the gasket master can do for us.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:00 PM, CNew said:

I wish!  

I got a bunch of gasket paper cut yesterday evening and I’ve got it clamped between two sheets of plywood to try to flatten it more before sending it to Eric. Also haven’t heard back from him yet on how much $$$ I need to send for this project.

That stuff is cheap, I can just order some and have it sent directly to Eric if that's better. I'm in for at least 25 sets, how much of that material do you have?

Yeah I think next time it probably makes sense to have a roll shipped to him if this is going to be a common order item. He needs it cut to 12”x12” sheets so I cut up a bunch and flattened them as best I could. If they work ok for him we can always do more. I probably have a little bit left from the original partial roll I bought. I think I have enough cut and packaged to get a few sets for each of us. Last time he tried to cut this really thin paper he said it was a bit of a challenge, especially trying to keep it flat and positioned on the laser table. I threw a piece in when he made the last batch of diaphragms so I asked him to cut a couple diaphragm gaskets out of this stuff out of curiosity. 

I would love to have about 25 sets to got 8 or 10 units to do and then I will need to get on the hunt again. Before Clint buy's 

up all the good stuff. John we haven't seen getting and projects started lately (whats up with that)??

55 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

John we haven't seen getting and projects started lately (whats up with that)??

Waiting for gaskets. :yankchain:  

Just mess'n with Clint. I'll try and get you some info for that compressor to mount the engine

Well, if for some reason Eric has trouble laser cutting these thin paper gaskets, here is a cheap solution. I just bought this little Olfa circle cutter and it works pretty well!

00DEECE9-A5D2-462F-BB6F-12F71BC72CEE.jpeg

1 hour ago, CNew said:

I just bought this little Olfa circle cutter and it works pretty well!

They look good! Please cut 25 of each. Thank you! :D

Never took mine outta the box and probably should've tried it. Was waiting to see what Terry's $500 cutter does.:yankchain:

27 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

They look good! Please cut 25 of each. Thank you! :D

Never took mine outta the box and probably should've tried it. Was waiting to see what Terry's $500 cutter does.:yankchain:

I think my cutter got lost in the mail so ill have Clint cut me a few too.

They actually look pretty good

Not bad for $10, will it do the thicker gaskets, like the exhaust ones?

I use a similar device for those and make a few at once as it's tricky to get it set right (use waste paper to test for size before trying gasket sheet).

David

P.S. I must say most recent threads are getting a bit confusing with the discussion of gaskets spread across them.