JUST O&R

tiny tiger

If you do end up needing a replacement diaphragm and gasket for the carburetor there are a couple of us that can help or you could grab one on eBay right now, only 2 left. This is a great seller and is good about combining shipping charges. This is a good price as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-R-NEW-DIAPHRAGM-95-2/362882310541?hash=item547d78a18d:g:NhwAAOSwljFeHqTF

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-R-NEW-GASKET-PART-NUMBER-05-36/192851321302?hash=item2ce6d5a1d6:g:RzMAAOSw3bBcgw4N:sc:USPSFirstClass!85249!US!-1

14 hours ago, francisco said:

i have the same one as in the tutorial that factory the member on here put up a few posts up just the carb intake port is in a slightly different location same arm and spring and the little bar

I will take a look through my parts later this evening and see what I can come up with.

22 hours ago, francisco said:

i just took these pics that last pic was from one i found on google 

WIN_20200309_16_14_26_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200309_16_14_49_Pro.jpg

just checked out the member factory tutorial on that carb and it looks the same as mine only difference is the gas line port position and i noticed its only missing the little lever/arm inside has the rest it runs i just blew thru the top of gas tank to get gas to carb and starts right up

Looks in very nice condition, it's the slightly less common & later large gas tank version. :thumbs:

19 hours ago, francisco said:

its still needs the arm and probably a new spring too been looking all over for anyone selling the parts or a complete carb

It's usually the little rod, ball bearing & U shaped spring that go missing.

The engine on your Tiny Tiger dates from 1968, so unless the carb has been replaced it should use the standard arm & ball bearing check valve, those U shaped springs only have a slight bend & are usually reusable.

Typical late 1960's carb diagram & parts list below;

774123113_OhlssonRiceType219EngineDiagramPartsListMay69Page4a.jpg.dd0592c1bfaa8087d460269b0ecf9b03.jpg

1854475249_OhlssonRiceType219EngineDiagramPartsListMay69Page4b.jpg.7670459eaeabde37e4393f15234ce52b.jpg

17 hours ago, francisco said:

i also have all the paper work and instructions with the parts list for it its in the original box i could look up part number for you if that helps

and i just noticed that the plate for it the rim of it the little lip that it has is bent about half way around

The plate? Is this the one attached to the cylinder? If it is someone has bent it to get the carb needle valve out without removing the carb from the engine.

David

Can the diaphragm disc not be straightened? Later carbs had a smaller flat disc glued to the diaphragm.

I've used shafts taken out of broken cassette players to replace the roller and cut them down to fit.

I thought Wallfish was looking for the diaphragm arm for you, give him a chance to look through his spares.

David

i flatted it and put the little lip it had around the edge i got it as close as i could. yea im waiting wallfish and Cnew to go through their stash when they have time too

The broken cassette player for the little rod is a great idea. 

I will also look for a lever arm this evening.

I save the shafts from any broken electronic gadgets I take apart, cassette players are just one example of something that may contain these, here is a random picture of a cassette player mechanism I've recycled, full of little parts that can disappear under the bench.

SAM_0897a.jpg.d0191637a3938584592db5ba66b67e99.jpg

Here is one I made earlier (from a cut down shaft) fitted to the carb diaphragm bowl.

SAM_3097b.jpg.54fe417724b45893d9b62f7a1ed67ea9.jpg

Model engineering shops would have suitable diameter rod too.

David

Edited by factory

That’s not too bad, nice job flattening it out. I think it should still work, it’s definitely worth a try anyway.

It shouldn’t be an issue, especially since most of the rim looks ok, it just has to make contact with the bottom of the carb when the lever is pushed down. I’ve seen much worse that still work.

Seems they tried to bait someone with false bidding. Do the questions to the seller go into the ad automatically or does the seller do it? Auto would be nice to shed light on this type of crap so the next buyer is aware of the selling history.

It seems like 50% of the people try to scam the other 50%. In reality it's more like 10% are the scourge but they're 90% of the problem