Captian

Nichols model d set. # 6369

On 7/19/2020 at 4:31 PM, JUST O&R said:

Got the tank cleaned out today and I am repairing were the battery acid

melted the plastic on the lower screw that holds it to the tank. ( best to take the battery's out :banghead: :banghead:

The battery acid seems to eat in to the plastic.

Nasty stuff, I had to take mine apart to remove two rotten batteries (who knows how old they are) which had rusted to the terminals, maybe Union Carbide would like to send me a new Creme Lure generator. :yankchain:

SAM_6450e.jpg.f590a082145cae69693d926238db158a.jpg SAM_6453a.jpg.e1c401b9a04150eb1515ab84924eec57.jpg

SAM_6455a.jpg.9f723edb2de780677696c2a2a7a0909b.jpg

Make sure you clean all the rust off from the terminals as at this low voltage corrosion makes a lot of difference (create resistance).

The plastic on these seems to have aged badly on all of these generators I've seen.

David

This goes along with the smoke detectors change the battery's every year . all thew the newer battery's are not like the old ones

Those are old ones, just don't know how old and if you have anything you value but don't use very often don't leave the batteries in it, most brands seem to leak these days, the well known black & copper colour* ones & no-name cheapo batteries are the worst offenders in the UK in my opinion.

*I've seen these leaking still sealed in the packaging. :banghead:

David