mrtom

O&R outboard motor

I’m looking for a cooling shroud with the recoil to complete my little outboard motor. I’m pretty sure they are the same on all the O&R engines. 

On 10/28/2020 at 8:55 PM, mrtom said:

I’m looking for a cooling shroud with the recoil to complete my little outboard motor. I’m pretty sure they are the same on all the O&R engines. 

Are you looking for the cylinder cooling shields or the shroud that has the recoil starter on it ?

2012_0102starter0002.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

I need the red shroud with the recoil intact. 
Mine had the spring missing.  I tried to install a spring from a weed wacker and that little tab that holds the end To the shroud broke. 

D8026FB9-4FF9-44B4-9C55-A6E715CD2078.jpeg

34 minutes ago, mrtom said:

I need the red shroud with the recoil intact. 
Mine had the spring missing.  I tried to install a spring from a weed wacker and that little tab that holds the end To the shroud broke. 

D8026FB9-4FF9-44B4-9C55-A6E715CD2078.jpeg

Could you maybe heat ,then bend the recoil wire around to make that little tab that broke off ? That recoil is only made of 3/16" material if you could find one that size.

2012_0104recoil0002.JPG

2012_0104recoil0001.JPG

Well, I tried for about three hours before I threw in the towel!  I didn’t know the original spring had a loop as in your photo. I thought it just had a small right angle that was held by the tab that I broke. There’s not much room in there!