K-TRON

The Kenco Pump that almost was

Here is another one of my O&R pumps. Sadly this one also came from the man my Lancaster mini pump came from which was seized up hard. This one looked and felt promising, and bam what do you know, Richard from New Jersey shows up and ruins your day! I cannot believe he hot glued the flywheel to the crankshaft. It turned with compression and spark!  I see that the pump has a tag which says 0.85hp @ 6000rpm, and the blower shroud on the engine has the remains of a 1hp decal. I measured the bore/stroke and it is a 21.9cc engine. Type # 133. From reading online the 133 should be olive drab 0.85hp decal shroud of this style. I bet he tried to run it and that flywheel blew the original housing to smithereens. Thankfully I have a donor 0.85hp olive drab blower housing in this style in my parts drawer. I am done buying O&Rs from this guy. He burnt me twice in a row. There may be a 'repair' to the pump housing too, as it appears to be tig welded up just above the drain port. I have not seen another in person, so not sure what exactly to expect. At least it is clean and presentable now, until I find a crankshaft and the necessary parts to fix it.

Chris

P3800806.JPG

P3800809.JPG

P3800798.JPG

Edited by K-TRON

Sorry to hear of the scammer, that’s really frustrating. It’s amazing what some people will do. I keep looking at my Kenco pump and thinking I need to dig into that project.  nice to see the tank in good condition with the original decal too!  The white housing looks like it was probably from the Sears Mighty Mite chainsaw.

Let me know when you open it up, I might have a used crankshaft. I know there a couple different versions of the crank so just send some good close up photos.

The type 133 is actually the engine for the military version of the Kenco pump, as seen here;

I suspect the original engine was red, as the rest of the pump is. Also the standard muffler was not supplied with a type 133, due to the military using a different type (also shown in the above thread).

Need to check the information for the other engine types used on these later Kenco pumps, earlier ones didn't have the engine directly bolted to the pump housing.

David

Chris, 

Did you ever find a crankshaft for this engine? Also, what pictures do you need of the pump. My wife has a Kenco pump. Not sure if they are the same model

Mike