steve d

a busy afternoon mowing

Thaught I'd share a couple of pictures of my Mountfield m4 and boadicea after mowing the lawns at my old house I have just recently got the Mountfield going and it runs like a dream and the boadicea is one of my favourites in my collection and again runs like a dream.

post-102-0-52148600-1398629938_thumb.jpg

It sounds good to me guys :D

Yep Chris, free camping, though the flush is broken on the outside toilet again so you will have to bring your own bucket of water to flush it with :D

Vintage mowing day at Ians, what a grand idea !!!

Guided tours of the shack included Ian ??

The guided tour is free Paul, but the gift shop isn't cheap :D

Hello

Nice to hear about Mountfield mowers!! In the 60s and 70s my parents who worked for a seed big seller in France used to sell Mountfield mowers and tillers imported by this big company! Myself I used the tiller for demo at that time: nostalgia!!!!

Hi charioux

So nice to hear appreciaton of the Mountfield these particular machines of the seventies /eighties bring back many memories for me of when my father still had his horticultural engineering business.A very sturdy machine!

And I still feel it's these type of machines that are disappearing fast,and how often do you see these classic British machines on the rally field.

And I'm a firm believer on seeing more from these periods.

Thaught I'd share a couple of pictures of my Mountfield m4 and boadicea after mowing the lawns at my old house I have just recently got the Mountfield going and it runs like a dream and the boadicea is one of my favourites in my collection and again runs like a dream.

im with you steve d i love the m4,s other than a few hayters there the only mowers worth having these days i buy as many as i can i generally fit the honda gcv engine to them this makes them a ver worthy candidate to the modern mowers they will carry on for years with a freshen up i have 4 more resto candidates coming this week i had been offered the rare silver coloured model with the 5hp briggs lump but the silly bloke who had it weighed it in with the local travelling scrap men if you get my meaning  ;)

the silly so and so also weighed in 25 nsu quickly,s 3 other m4,s 3x diesel howard gems and 3 gunsmith tractors :angry:  i really want to use a couple of four letter words at this point but i will refrain

where did you get your boadicea from? she looks lovely

Found my boadicea on the bay end of last year Ben on the outskirts of London. Me and Paul mackellow had a very long day as we went to Wales as well to collect his versatiller.

Found my boadicea on the bay end of last year Ben on the outskirts of London. Me and Paul mackellow had a very long day as we went to Wales as well to collect his versatiller.

Oh yes, you can't beat a good road trip !!