pmackellow

Bill Targett Memorial Rally

Steve Denness, his son Adam and myself had a great day in Hampshire yesterday at the Bill Targett Memorial Rally, something of everything and lots to see.

We took a car and trailer load of exhibits and the display seemed to be very interesting to a lot of the public

It was very warm and sunny, so I think we will need the bigger trailer and a gazebo next year !!

Here's some photos...

post-99-0-16653600-1400425400_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-67040500-1400425459_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-84334300-1400425516_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-45363000-1400425604_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-30519300-1400425667_thumb.jpg

None the less a superb event and my thanks to Jim beacon for all his hard labour's, also to for letting me have a go on the trusty that featured on wartime farm even if it almost killed me trying to drive it.

I did have hawain toasties if that counts as never saw any pork pies!and I can now understand the pork pie thing as it bloody near killed me trying to steer it.

Sent my entry form off for Twyford Waterworks this evening, August 3rd :D

We were parked next to one of the chaps from the waterworks and he (and Jim) invited us along, Wendy and I have been before and enjoyed it so I think we can talk Steve D into coming along to this one...

I did have hawain toasties if that counts as never saw any pork pies!and I can now understand the pork pie thing as it bloody near killed me trying to steer it.

Damn nigh killed everyone else as well !! :D

Big up to you for having a go though Steve :bow:

Glad you had a good day! Weather was even hotter on Sunday, but the Trusty didn't get a second outing as we were short of a driver (everyone I asked looked at it and said "no b****y way" - there seems to be a shortage of volunteers for that one!).

The Auto Culto didn't need towing out of the ring on Sunday, but it will need the timing adjusting.

Our next local rally is the Dene Rally, at Four MArks, near Alresford in June.

Hello Jim, yes it was a good day and judging by the comments on the facebook page everyone seemed to have gone away happy - thats the mark of a successful event

Can't think why nobody wanted to drive the Trusty... :huh:

We'll see you at Twyford Waterworks on August 3rd...