nathanwhittaker

Ransomes Mg6 Dumper

Cheers buddy I'm in two minds either to make a stack or do it original and fit a side exit dumpy one but they are quite loud unless I do cut the end off and fill it full of exhaust muffling stuff. Yours looks great by the way

The original the better, I would say.

It's up to personal taste, but when I restore my machines I try to make them as original as possible.

Edited by Rocboni

Nathan I have an old original dumper exhaust which has been blown by a backfire you are welcome to it if you want to either repair it or copy for a new one. Alternatively you can buy a new one from Steenet and Son , Ipswich who still have some old stock.

Good evening all. I've had a quick hour on the crawler trying too make a exhaust. My Lister decided too lend me its exhaust what I believe is near the original it should have on. The next stage is too cut the end of and fill with wadding to dampen the sound and weld back up. I'm going to have too tap the head for the Exhaust manifold due too the lack of threads so that's why I've added on the extra bracket.

post-226-0-05160500-1413310268_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-79128400-1413310297_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-80687500-1413310324_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-55776500-1413310351_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-28440100-1413310384_thumb.jpg

Hi Nathan

Fuel pipe runs along the floor up the front of the gearbox and is then posted through the brake band chamber through the hole in the right hand side as you sit on the seat.

Alternatively you can route it underneath and come up at the carb side of the engine as per MG6 and 40.