meadowfield

Kohler spares?

My magnum 16 - as cheap as it was is going to either be replaced or rebuilt over the winter.

It knocks and smokes - and I can't see in the bore through the plug hole for carbon :o   - it's so coked up. It does start and work though, so might be worth saving.

Head gasket is on order - then I can pull the head and clean it, also maybe see if the bore is shot - pretty certain the oil rings are and maybe the piston - and possibly rod are gone...

Anyone know of a UK distributor/dealer that does a fair price on Kohler parts?  Import gets expensive from the US :(

I know it would be free advertising, but would a place for info of this kind be a bad idea? Not just for Kohlers, but any place people have found parts for their machines, implements etc. Just a thought as info like this can be lost in the depths of the forum.

I know it would be free advertising, but would a place for info of this kind be a bad idea? Not just for Kohlers, but any place people have found parts for their machines, implements etc. Just a thought as info like this can be lost in the depths of the forum.

I think Norman's got a valid point there. It would be very useful for all of us in our quest to source parts etc..