factory

O & R Carb Repair Tutorial

On 2/16/2015 at 2:10 AM, tackdriver56 said:

Webhead: diaphragm received and metal disc transplanted with Seal-All adhesive. Curing overnight. Tomorrow will be the moment of truth...

On 7/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, JUST O&R said:

THE DIAPHRAGMS FOR MY OLDER ONE ARE HARD TO FIND I THINK THE # IS 400102.

DO YOU KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND A FEW?

I have found a service bulletin about the later carb diaphragm membrane assembly part no #400102, used to replace the separate diaphragm membrane (#95-2) & diaphragm disc (#148-1) that may be found in later 1HP engines (or 3/4HP & 0.85HP engines that were serviced at some point in their working lives).

1056182868_OhlssonRiceServiceBulletinS-E068Nov70PartNumber148-1DiaphragmDisca.jpg.7a88d6afa65845a9cdba911a89119d9a.jpg

If you find one of these diaphragm membranes with the disc bonded to it, be sure to transfer the disc to the replacement diaphragm.

2076731294_400102CarbDiaphragm.jpg.09eee5ac50dc53c5804128b9d1ffc48b.jpg

David

Edited by factory
Added picture.

I need help!!!! does someone have a breakdown of the early carburetors the needle valve assembly that

I have is to long . Somewhere I must have  misplaced it.   And there is a hole on the side of it that I have never seen.

IMG_2747[1].JPG

IMG_2748[1].JPG

IMG_2749[1].JPG

IMG_2750[1].JPG

That's an early carburettor as you already know, which would have originally had a side mounted needle valve, the diaphragm bowl has a screw in place of the later needle valve shown in your pictures.

It's possible it got converted to the later style needle valve at some point in the past, in this case the hole in the side would have a small screw to blank it off, the later needle valve assembly should fit if you unscrew the needle part before fitting.

Here are some pictures of a side needle valve carb I rebuilt sometime ago, if you need any more pictures let me know.

All the parts (note: that rubber check valve in these goes bad the same as the diaphragm does).

SAM_6011e.jpg.609357ee6480cd2a8c9bd3f33fc13f2c.jpg

Lower half showing side needle valve.

SAM_6015a.jpg.ff4e4bc0aa4f1b79175dd12e4a4315d6.jpg

Complete early carb (note: the earliest ones didn't have the primer button, but a modification kit was produced for a very short time to add this).

SAM_6016e.jpg.8493217deb2575a601b10c4724c0f669.jpg

SAM_6018e.jpg.e6a4622c4e3a3c74bab012c1ea564330.jpg

David

P.S. I'm sure we can find you a side needle valve should you need one.

That’s very interesting David, thank you for the detailed photos. I’ve never seen one of these really early carbs before.

Thank you very much I was not sure this thing was take apart 35 years ago. and I don't have all the parts but that makes

complete sense now. I  have got a few of the newer one this one just looked different. 

Thanks much do you have a part # for that needle valve?

p.s. found the Part #  I think its an 18-12 also found a pic thank you very much if I didn't see the pic,s I would still be lost.

I have three of them nos .

IMG_1937[1].JPG

11 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Thanks much do you have a part # for that needle valve?

Looks like you found the correct one, have a look at the 1961 parts list & separate pdf of the parts diagram, it not the easiest to follow and is very faint in places due to being printed in blue, it's probably the nearest one to your engine.

#21-20 is the spring to go with the needle valve.

David

Good to hear you found some. :thumbs:

I just remembered that they re-used that spring on later carbs for the governor mechanism, though by 1971 you could no longer obtain it as a spare part, see post #5 linked below.

David

Need carb kit please contact me.

Edited by factory
Phone & Email removed to help prevent spam & unwanted calls, it's best to send contact information by personal message (PM).

Welcome to the forum Brad, I don't know where you are located, but a PM to either Wallfish or Webhead if you are in the US or me if you are in Europe and we can help with a new carb diaphragm for your O&R.

On 11/28/2014 at 7:59 PM, factory said:

Sources for new reproduction Carb Diaphragms

USA, contact either @Wallfish or @Webhead.

UK & Europe, contact me @factory.

David

2 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

If you message wallfish he could  help you or I seen this on ebay . https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ohlsson-Rice-Carburetor-Gasket-Kit/113

The item number seems to have got shortened, try this one instead https://www.ebay.com/itm/113908569482

Question is who on here is selling them on ebay? I don't think it's anyone I've already mentioned.

David

The man on ebay  seller info is meatballbutch  from it looks like mesa Arizona. looks kike he has 5 thing on there that's the only o&r parts .

I might be able to help as well but not for another month or so as all my O&R stuff is packed getting ready for a move.

Funny - I’ll be a fairly close neighbor to this “meatballbutch” seller on eBay. Mesa isn’t far from where I’ll end up.

I had noticed the ebay seller was located in Arizona, which is why I don't think it's any of the regulars who post on here.

Of course the source of the gaskets is mentioned on the forum, so someone not on the forum could have contacted Eric "The Gasket Man" directly and bought a load to sell on ebay, hopefully any buyers of the carb kits on ebay will find us if they need further help with their O&R's.

David

3 hours ago, factory said:

hopefully any buyers of the carb kits on ebay will find us if they need further help with their O&R's.

Joe added a link to the old forum in his ebay ads when we started. That was a major advertisement to drive people to it. Maybe contact the seller and ask?

I'm just glad to see them being offered as I just don't have the time to do it

Will I Know if I  was looking for parts and had run into that on ebay would not have thought about it I would have grabbed a them.

And the price is not bad! but now I know were to find carb parts. 

Sorry but some one will do it!

at lest there not coming out of china.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:23 PM, Wallfish said:

Joe added a link to the old forum in his ebay ads when we started. That was a major advertisement to drive people to it. Maybe contact the seller and ask?

I'm just glad to see them being offered as I just don't have the time to do it

Well I've tried to contact meatballbutch, but as usual ePay has blocked international messages as my address isn't in the US, why do they do this? You can't send helpful information to sellers either. :banghead:

1307218282_Screenshot_2019-10-11Askaquestion.jpg.fd5604a8aa811412251766c433a48bf3.jpg

David

13 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

What is your question or comment I will ask him for you ?

Just thought I would ask if they would like to add something to the description to help people find the forum, should they need any help with their O&R's, same as Joe (Webhead) did in the past. Note eBay doesn't like direct links any-more, they tend to automatically remove them.

If you could ask for me that would be great, thank you.

David