meadowfield

Wheel Horse clevis hitch lift assembly

To follow up my plough conversion, here's the lift assembly needed. Firstly the beefy bar to run from the deck lift arm.

IMG_20150103_160935_zpstqspobha.jpg

Then two bushes for the rocker shaft

IMG_20150104_161338_zpslz5l5psq.jpg

Then a piece of 18mm bar for the shaft with the ends threaded to retain it. It all fits nicely with the fuel tank in place.

IMG_20150104_161352_zps1lcsquoi.jpg

And the view from above with the link bar in place.

IMG_20150104_161405_zpsnb0cd0g1.jpg

And with the plough fitted.

IMG_20150103_170033_zps0jayli75.jpg

Thanks for posting this up Mark, really good idea and fabrication. Ignore me if I'm being stupid but does the lift bar you made interfere with the gear selector? It just looks a bit close in picture 4.

Tom

Thanks for posting this up Mark, really good idea and fabrication. Ignore me if I'm being stupid but does the lift bar you made interfere with the gear selector? It just looks a bit close in picture 4.

Tom

Well spotted, when we take it off for painting it needs a bit grinding off the side when the lift is up as it makes third gear hard to select :D

But an easy fix....

I knew you would have it covered :D Look forward to seeing it all painted up, it will look awesome. Are you planning on using it in ploughing matches or just shows?

Tom

Nice job Mark :thumbs: :thumbs:   I did mine on the C121 pretty much the same, but used a round bar rod from the lift to the rocker shaft, & used spherical rod ends with left & right hand threads from the R/shaft to the hitch. I think I used flanged 'Oilite' bushes for the R/shaft, the clevis hitch I made myself, You'll never guess where the parts originated from ;)  post-206-0-26314700-1420395406_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-45824300-1420395505_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-20817200-1420395571_thumb.jpg

Only photos I can find at the moment :)

This is the one that comes as a three piece set, plough, discs & cultivator. I don't have the plough though, :(  I do have a stubble plough assembly I can modify to fit the frame, when I can find the time.

post-206-0-15256900-1420397624_thumb.jpg

The piece on the top of the mouldboard unbolts.

If anyone is interested in one of these,try Westlake plough parts near Peterborough, they may still have some

Thanks for this write up :thumbs: , this is really helpful as I was considering doing something similar on one of my Raiders. I have a new old stock clevis hitch ready to put on it.

Iain