HeadExam

Finished Well House Roof, Next

I used decking rather than 1"x4" to fill the gaps, pine slats were going to be 120.00US. Five sheets of 1/2" 4'x8' decking was only 40.00. As you might see in the picture, I used four 4'x7' pieces on each corner to catch roof rafters then two 2'x4' to fill in the middle span, at the top I used the left over 12" cuts from the four large pieces. I used liquid nails adhesive below the decking and then installed drip edge and tar paper, after that a row of starter shingles at the bottom and then up I went. It will take me a day or so to heal up from this type of activity, fingers are blistered and bleeding, back is sore, Achilles tendon is tender, and spirit is low. I'm also painting the interior of a 3,000 sq.ft. home ceiling, walls, trim, and cabinets. I painted the same house when it was new in 1995.

post-384-0-06013800-1426643866_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-31506600-1426643871_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-72276800-1426643874_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-72151800-1426643880_thumb.jpg

Tidy job you done there, I know the feeling of the aches n pains after the day's work , I get it every day , the joys of getting older.

nice work, looks like my workshop roof - I used the same boards, we called it sterling board here. 

Are those cedar shingles or bituminous felt?

We call them Asphalt 3 Tabs. The decking is a OSB, or oriented strand board, it's cheap because its designed to be covered, it would not last long in the elements, but I have seen the indigenous people use it as siding on "houses" out here in I.T. even without paint. You blokes also might know it as Aspenite or Smartply