george.kurtz

New member with a long shot question

Hello all,

I just joined this forum, and please excuse my ignorance towards tractors and such. I am writing today, with a long shot of a query. I have the remnants of and old tractor on my 80+ acre property, and was hoping that someone here could give me a general idea of what this is. The only clear markings I can find on anything that is left, is on the rear axle, which is marked Timken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-435-142836223233_thumb.jpg

post-435-142836225504_thumb.jpg

post-435-142836226746_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi George, welcome to MOM..

I agree with Norm (Stormin) that it could well be home made...  The rear axle looks to be on upside down judging by the drain plug on the top of the diff casing, that to me says homemade..

makes me think of old auto tractor conversion kits like the pullford ones

Taco conversion kit

2292.jpg

it kinda looks like this model T ford with pullford conversion kit

ModelTTractorPullford1.jpg

then again it kinda looks like a shaw conversion too

tractor_from_car.jpg

Edited by C-101plowerpower

Hi George, welcome to MOM..

I agree with Norm (Stormin) that it could well be home made...  The rear axle looks to be on upside down judging by the drain plug on the top of the diff casing, that to me says homemade..

It's certainly adapted by upturning the Diff to turn the geared wheels in the correct direction. Also provides High clearance for Crop work.

Reckon Koen (C-101plowerpower) has the best idea/example of what it used to be.

Thanks all for the input! It has been out there for who knows how long. I used to play on it when I was a kid. The front wheels are much taller than the rear, almost like steel buggy wheels. My friend will be pulling it out to use as a lawn ornament, and C-101plowerpower's awesome expertise, will now give me some guidance as to what perhaps the front looked like!

Thanks all again for your vast knowledge. I'm sure once I travel through more of my property, I will find some other mystery I will need help with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk