mowerdar

New addition to the fleet

Maybe a few of you can remember I put my beloved wheel horse b111 up for sale as I didn't have the time with a new born boy. Anyways it sold hated seeing it go but I still had my little mustang to play with. Now that's back up and running I was missing having a "big tractor" so after searching eBay for a few weeks came across this at a reasonable price and couldn't resist I know it's a wheel horse with a 12 hp Kohler and by the remains of a reg number I'm guessing 1972 but no idea on model any ways a few pics hope some one can tell me what I've got

Cheers Darren 353ccd7abd04a8e1f9bd3de6bc96f5cf.jpgf8d97c0d1156262cad0fee4e6be6c701.jpg3ab2cfbace9e65834dffaf269e437388.jpg

If at first you don't succeed Use a bigger hammer

Yeah seats well rotted and the seat pan/arches are a bit ripe in the middle but mechanically it reasonably good got a seal weeping on the gearbox/hub and only got an exhaust down pipe no silencer or anything an the pto is missing but I can live with out that for the moment

It's going to be a slow one Ian what with work silage/hay making and the little man to keep me busy 52c395aa1a1d94b3341d65b8ddba2c52.jpg oh and the mrs to keep happy

Nice acquisition Darren.  Good Tractor assuming it's all there and working ok.

A nice coincidence with it is that it was built just before mine (15 units) as my '72' Raider 12 has the Serial number of 123172 !. 

Well had an hour or two on it This afternoon chucked an old battery on it chucked some fuel in and jumped it of the car fired up after a couple of turns ran sweet as a nut no smoke an drove it round the yard a few times hi low box works fine gears are a bit hard to find but nothing major

Ha another good look at it this evening the handle on the left (deck handle?) is seized so gouged some wd down the top so hopefully that will work and loosen it off. Looked at the fuel pipe as there was a damp patch on the floor on the left hand side where the pipe is rotted out and cracked. No problem was expecting that as it's been sat for a while. Other than that not done a great deal as I serviced a chainsaw for the father in law.

Had a blonde moment today forgot to see what size the fuel pipe was I'm guessing standard 8mm? anyone got an idea so I can get some on my travels? Cheers darren

And looking threw my parts found a seat that's abit better than the one it came with but is salvageable 3089b004626fed8088f28f8bc140db6d.jpgc0a096ef9292eea31d928bcc6a4f5d2c.jpg also found a better seat pan wheel arches b82fafa45ba1530691603685f653fe40.jpg and a few beauty shots 1edca6856cc2a588191fc8bbadb3e8e1.jpg13199cb72f9125117670864e95a460e4.jpgffafdaf5e8ee7457f82b6dc5400084b1.jpg

Any body know if the whole gearbox/transaxle need to be stripped right down to replace the outer seals on the axle shafts?

Cheers Darren

Today's update wheel and Hub stripped off and seal looks good so don't have to change it 65c26b44e99ac51671434db4dc0aac1a.jpg

Edited by mowerdar