phil murrell

Shay line up

nice machines phil

i used to have quite a collection of shay stuff myself i had to downsize the collection some years ago and i got rid of most of it although i did keep the oldest one which was the county and i also have a countryman 

very lucky to have a countryman i have only ever seen one in the flesh. I am in the process of fully restoring a County it has been sitting in a garden since the 80's

Hi all of you shay guys

I have recently got hold of a Shayrotogardiner with a bux 120cc motor it appears to have lots of compression but the fly wheel has been broken where the cotter pin fits.

As I live in Western Australia I have had little joy in finding another fly wheel or any much info about either repairing or finding another, Can anyone help as I would really like to restore this machine to it's former glory.

Thanks in anticipation

Hi Exfarmer

sorry to hear you having issues finding another flywheel.

I do have a spare one that i would be willing to send over if that would help.

have no idea how much it would cost though.

Thanks Phil that would be much appreciated I will check out the cost and get back to you as I think it is probably the only chance I have of getting this one going and keeping it totally original.

Regards

Just to say I,ve got a few myself....won on ebay a 80 with bits...not complete...but it has its own grasscutter.....no wheels just a simple cutter..many bits available....in the process of stripping it all down and catuloging parts.....JAP engine

Hi

Anyone  else with a Shay 120 Rotogardener, could you make contact as I am mtrying to get it going again.

Has anyone the spec of the grass cutting blade and how the grass cutter attached?

Also does anyone have the instraction manual.

All help appreciated

Richard