OldBuzzard

The forklift earning it's keep.

One of my 1250s has developed a starting problem and I was needing it closer to the garage so I can work on it.

I fired up the 1886 forklift and it made short work of the job.

Bear in mind that the mast is only rated for 750#, and that the shipping weight of a 1250 is listed as being 975#.  Now add the weight of the fluids and the dual wheels and one could safely say that the 1250 is a tad over 1000# as it sits.

The 1886 forklift didn't even grunt.  Just picked it up and away I went  :D :D :D

post-342-0-98202300-1432583456_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-39861000-1432583478_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-50755200-1432583498_thumb.jpg

Those are CST ANCLA ATV tyres.

I have them on two other large frames as well.  My 1886 with FEL and the HDT1000.  They are 6-ply rated with a good load capacity, and with a tread depth close to 1" give great traction.

As an added bonus, their logo uses a Husky so it's almost as if they were destined to be used on a Bolens tractor :D :D :D

post-342-0-40863200-1432585397_thumb.jpg

That looks immensely useful!

Handy to have around...

I have similar 8 ply fork truck tyres on my GT14, I only put air in them so I can stop wAter getting in through the valve hole :lol:

That has to be the best attachment of all times, love it. Dave, Does the 1886 have the power steering option fitted, I couldn't see from the pictures.

Iain

Yes, it does have the PS option fitted.

Here's a short walk around vid of it that I took as it sat at the dealer's place before they delivered it to me.

It had been sitting there for about 4-5 years, and all it took to get it running was a new battery, and a bit of cleaning of the points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5FLOzvJNnU