Wallfish

Toothpick Art

It's been a long time since these were made but I'd like to start making some replica tractors some day. Just thought I'd post these since Karl put in the wood working topic.

ooops, looks like I broke the clutch handle and didn't notice it until I looked at these preview pics.

motorcycleright.jpg

motorcycleleft.jpg

truckleft.jpg

truckright.jpg

truckfront.jpg

truckbottom.jpg

truckengine.jpg

That's amazing!  My wife has an uncle who uses match sticks, and made some beautiful artwork as well.  Your creations are so detailed, I love the underside of the truck and the firewall details as well.  These are really nice, thank you for sharing!

Incredible! You even nailed the details on the bottom of the truck....the part most folks would never see!  I would love to see a Wheel Horse model.

Mike..............

Thanks guys, and yes, many models built when I was kid.  

Here's another one, a fishing reel with a video of the reel turning.(click on last pic)

reelright.jpg

reelleft.jpg

reelinside.jpg

th_reelvideo.jpg

That is really awesome!  I loved the video of it moving, absolutely beautiful.

So my daughter (Brittany) asked if the trucks doors opened?  With the detail you put in there it wouldn't surprise me if the engine ran :)

Yup, the doors open Brittany, that's why there's a little bit sanded off the front edge, so they don't hit.

As far as the engine, I started building a V8 that cranks. I have the block with pistons and a crank done but that's as far as I got. I'll try and make a video of it turning.

Those are amazing.

I think you need to maybe do a model of an RJ or some other wheelhorse tractor

You must have some sort of patience

As a master model railroader, I must say that is some of the finest work I have seen, especially free lanced. Absolutely stunning. Bravo, Bravo.

Thanks again for the compliments!

Here's another video. Started this engine but never finished. The plan was to add a cam shaft with push rods, lifters and have the valve rockers move too. Bit off more than I could chew and the cam shaft just kept breaking so I gave up. Cheated a little on this one since the block is made from a piece of pine instead of toothpicks.

th_engineblock.jpg

Here's what's left of the first couple I ever made just using a razor blade and glue. Believe I was about 14 or 15 years old. It turned into a whole new ball game once my girlfriend bought me a battery powered Dremel tool for Christmas. I'd really like to get back to doing these again and it's probably been over 10 or 12 years.

firsttoothpicks.jpg

On 6/8/2013 at 2:55 AM, neil said:

Those are amazing.

I think you need to maybe do a model of an RJ or some other wheelhorse tractor

You must have some sort of patience

Check out this thread over on RS Neil. Only took 4 1/2 years to get started on it. Lol

I'll also do a "project in progress" thread on here as well and post all of the highlights as the build progresses.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/79388-anyone-recognize-these-parts/