HeadExam

The Reverend Alain

That's right it is Reverend Alain now. My credentials came through today. It was perk of many hours of sociology, ethics, and philosophy. If any of you blokes travel to Oklahoma I can marry you to each other since Oklahoma is a same sex marriage state. :D  This should take care of any tractor squabbles, or will it? :wacko:  hmmmm

Congratulations Alain on your Reverendship but, like Norman, your services are not required for gay marriages! However, what's your view on bigamy? I ask as there are a couple of hot chicks I know!

My, My, some of you are gluttons for punishment. More than one wife? wow. Whether she be newer, younger, or have extravagant equipment, do you think the tongue would be any less sharp, or the voice any less shrill, or the stare less piercing. I think not. lol. I'm not perfect, no one is. Alain

Congratulations Alain. What are you plans for your new status?

Iain

Mostly as a symbol of faith toward anyone I might counsel. I am non denominational, but during counseling, some would prefer a person that believes. I do believe, however I do not follow a particular faith or religion or think man can know the things of the Universe. I think it is best if we try to live like good little humans and take care of one another, and let life reveals to us what it would like. Well I also get a real neat parking permit, only in America. 

My life was similar. I have not gotten to the point of giving back, but I have changed and I am working toward that goal

I sincerely apologize if any statements I made on the forum offended anyone, I never want to do that. Thanks to the Mods for editing my post, that is why I include the statement "please edit my post". After reading other post I made where I use the reference to a God I thought it best to edit those words out of any post as well so as not to offend any others. Since I do not own guns any longer for personal reasons I thought it best to remove the video concerning the shooting pastor as this might be the cause of others to commit mass murder or think about those that do, something I would not want either, I will be more careful in the future so others might not be offended or influenced adversely by my opinions. Life's a minefield anymore, its not the fault of the people, but of communications so advanced that every time we post we communicate with the world, not just friends or family.

Ime the first for free speech Alain but remember we are in  different countrys with different laws, and we don't want to attract trolls who like to abuse because of our views, its a different age now, and my granddaughter is always saying to me (you cant say that grandad) now we have members of all ages on this forum, so lets all bare that in mind  :hide::D

As I said, I think our advanced communications and access to the internet by the whole world has caused the real problem. Nigel mentioned trolls, they are the narcissistic and bigoted people that in times past only effected a small group of people that they were in direct contact with, however now the world is their stage and they inhabit every forum and have their own websites that spew hate which attract other like minded imbalanced people, like bugs to the porch light. The result is that open civil conversation has been denied to all for the transgressions of a few, albeit a few too many.