Stormin

I wasn't expecting that.

As some may know, we have a Triumph Spitfire 1500. It's sat in the workshop since the end of 2013. SWMBO keeps getting at me to get it back on the road.

Yesterday, I thought I'd see if it would start. Battery has been kept topped up, but the same petrol was in the tank from the day it was laid up.

Turned the key and around went the engine. Nothing! Try again and nothing. :scratchhead:  Several more attempts, then I remembered the choke. :rolleyes:

Out with the choke knob and instant start. Runs nice and sweet as the day it was put away and all lights etc work.

So Carol's off to book an m.o.t. and get a servo fitted.

That's good news Norm. I'm guessing the petrol that's in the Spit must be quite old to run at all..  The modern stuff is almost unusable after 6 months!

I am fed up with dismantling carbs and finding the bowl and choke all corrode by the Ethanol that someone has decided to put int o petrol. I have now bought a large stock of Briggs and Stratton petrol sabiliser hoping that when I go to a machine after a few months I wont have to strip the carb.