Chris

Bolens Haban Front Flail

Lots of flails under there Chris.

Needs small amount of tlc but other wise in good order.

Apparently it was run on the front of a G14, but got parted with the tractor when it was sold :huh:

Chris, you will need to move that hydraulic lift kit to which ever tractor you fit this attachment to, either that plenty of weight lifting training. A set of rear wheel weights is a help too to stop the tractor standing on it's nose.

I can't see a lift bar, let me know if you need the dimension from mine in order to make one.

Iain

That's a great find Chris, even though I don't have a need for a flail these days I still miss the one I had years ago.. They are just so satisfying to use :)

Chris, you will need to move that hydraulic lift kit to which ever tractor you fit this attachment to, either that plenty of weight lifting training. A set of rear wheel weights is a help too to stop the tractor standing on it's nose.

I can't see a lift bar, let me know if you need the dimension from mine in order to make one.

Iain

Thanks Iain. No lift bar so will need to copy yours please.

No wheel weights atm as Andrew brought them :(

Very nice Chris, I'd love to see it in action, I bet it will chomp through anything in it's path.

Tom

Very nice Chris, I'd love to see it in action, I bet it will chomp through anything in it's path.

Tom

Tom, you will have to come and try mine, I know you really want some more Bolen seat time :D  :yankchain: They are great to use but not a lot of fun to fit as they are very heavy.

Iain

Great find :thumbs:  :thumbs: :thumbs:  

Those things are pretty rare here in the States.  I can't imagine how rare they are over there.

You definitely will want to put it on something with hydraulic lift as those rascals are HEAVY!

I have one that I haven't fitted to a tractor yet as it needs a bit of work and all new blades.

I do have it's 'big brother' on my HT20D and you can feel the front end squat when you lift it up.

The 20D doesn't have power steering (yet) and it definitely takes some effort to steer as well.  I'm thinking that a bit more PSI in the front tires would help that somewhat.