Rocboni

Ransomes MG dumper

Just arrived home with this after a 400mile round trip. Decided to miss out Aberdeen on the way home, it was a big mistake. Road was very narrow and twisty and was nightmare with the length of the combined load (pickup being 16 ft and then the trailer another 14ft) the 14% gradients didn't help, but the view was good.

post-294-0-06877200-1440866927_thumb.jpg

post-294-0-88088400-1440867147_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rocboni

Nice find we have one the same we're did that come from ?

Not sure but guessing a Scottish water works, there was same spares came up in Banchory a while ago but I couldn't get get to them in time and they were sold to someone else. they had a tag on them saying Scottish water board. The dumper was baught not far from here.

Does it need mutch doing to it??

Whats your plans??

A few bits and bobs, needs the carb changing back to the 356 however this needs the usual work emulsion tube ect repairing it has one from a Hillman imp just now and runs really well! .Also needs the exaust sorting and put back to normal currently has a jaguar rear silencer. Needs a set of new tracks as they are virtually flat and not original and I think the fuel tank has a slow leak and is probably corroded. And all the knobs need changed to originals.

The plus side is I have receipts from previous owner adding up to what I baught it for, he replaced bearings and seals on all the running gear, including the load rollers and new rims on drive wheels. The track rubbers and bolts were also replaced 12 years ago.

Plan on doing the above, pressure wash it and wipe with a oily rag. That's it!

Edited by Rocboni