expeatfarmer

Ransomes MG Tractor 80th Anniversary 2016

A number of Ransomes MG Tractor enthusiasts are planning to stage a special display of Ransomes MG tractors at the Tractor World Show to be held at the Three Counties Showground ,Malvern over the weekend of 27th /28th February.

The intention is to gather as many Ransomes MG tractors as we can in one place and include at least one of every model and derivative that was made between 1936 and 1965/6. The display will be supported by Ransomes Jacobsen, Neil Jarrett will attend with spares and is happy to bring along any pre-ordered parts you may need as well as general spares. If you would like to take part with a machine/s please let me know. I am hoping to bring along a fully restored MG2 number 137 which will be exactly 80 years old on the day as it was completed in February 1936 as the 36th tractor off the line. This is believed to be the oldest surviving MG2 in existence ( unless you know better ). The show is mostly indoors, is well catered and has camping facilities on site. As a tractor show it is well worth attending as there are literally hundreds of tractors as well as displays by vintage clubs. The Vintage Horticultural and Garden machinery club also stages a display. Whilst there are competitions for best this and most original that etc. which you are welcome to take part in, we are not looking for shiny machines it is more important that owners of theses super machines bring along their machines as they are, to share experiences swap bits and talk with other owners. Malvern is well served with hotels and accomodation but book early as it is a very well supported show. There is no charge for entering your machines, offloading and setting up is stress free as the marshals are all sensible enthusiasts and very helpful. 

As a footnote to the above, Malvern is a long way for some members to travel and haul their machines, so that every Ransomes owner can take part in some way we are going to have a photo display board on which we will display photos and a brief description of machines from all over the world, I already have such photos from Australia, Norway, New Zealand and USA and will be happy to include as many as we can including machines from UK unable to attend. You can send photos and a brief description of the machine, where you are, what you do with your machine etc. either as a pm on this network to me or e mail me direct on cox746@btinternet.com

I am hoping that I will only need to take the rare ones that other people can't get along with. I hope that as many owners as possible will take part , but yes I have a beaver tail and low loader on standby!