Stormin

Oopsadaisy.

This afternoon got the C-125 out and put the deck on. Mowed the green and verges, but something was not quite right. I usually have the height adjuster set with about 1-5/8 of thread showing. The deck was not cutting well and to close to the ground. The adjuster ended up so the lift lever hardly moved from up to down.

Back in the yard, deck off and started to clean the 125 down. It was then I noticed a damp patch on the concrete, just below the lift arm. Petrol! The fuel line passes very close to the steering quadrant. As in very close. When on full left hand lock, the quadrant had, over the years, been trapping the line between it and the chassis edge. This had finally sprung a leak.

Bad bit cut out and a piece of copper tube used as a connector and no leak. Oh! I did slightly modify the tower where it joins the chassis. Bent it out a bit so fuel line lies in the gap out of harms way.

Next job was to clean off the deck, To do this, and for storage, I've made a timber stand so it sits vertical on it's tail. Started to clean the underside and it was then' I saw why it was not performing as it should and adjustment was all to pot.

After the last mowing session, someone decided to sharpen up the blades a bit. This was duly done and all re-assembled.

Only problem was, Mr Richard Head doing the job had not got his brain engaged. THE BLADES WERE UPSIDE DOWN.

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: