Stormin

Rain? Wot rain?

Did someone say it's been/is raining?

View from the decking.

post-111-0-90007900-1449321483_thumb.jpg

Up the lane. Only way in and out. Has been worse. A few years ago you couldn't see any grass.

post-111-0-97749700-1449321506_thumb.jpg

Neighbours place across the green opposite us.

post-111-0-42921900-1449321530_thumb.jpg

Her drains run across a field into a gutter, or ditch, that runs out to the marsh. That's full,

Had to go down to eldest daughters place earlier with sand bags. Water was getting through her back door. Her place is down a lonning with a stream passing under at the bottom. Over flowing it of course and they can't get their cars out. Didn't pose a problem for the Disco. :D

I'm glad that you are OK Rhys.

Has anyone heard from Jonathon?

Us southern softies don't know when we are well off!

Hugh

We have had many main roads between towns closed,of course you get the idiots who ignore the signs attempt it and get stuck, one car got swept away but luckily got stuck against a wall and the fire service rescued them.

Below a the river tweed, normally there is about 150 feet of grass between the garden walls and the river banking! In the distance is floors castle.

post-294-0-68390700-1449419188_thumb.jpe

I'm ok jedburgh is a set in a valley, we live on the top so if I get flooded I think we all need to start worrying!

The wind is terrible though, ripped the felt of one of the sheds so been out nailing a tarp over it, hard going with the wind still blowing!

People down here been moaning about the weather but frankly when they see the news tonight they will see that we had hardly anything to worry about.

Just pleased that I live on a hill overlooking the River Teign.......